SÄKAPHEN®’s high quality coating materials, its application and more than 40 years of experience in marine cooler coating application will turn this…
…into this in no time with the proven SÄKAPHEN®
re-coating process for used box coolers on-site!
Re-coating in the shipyard!
SÄKAPHEN® supports you when time-efficient on-site box cooler re-coating is required now!
- Your coolers: need coating refurbishment
- Your vessel: around the globe, near your customer
- Your coating: SÄKATONIT® Extra AR-F for onsite application anywhere in the world!
Overall responsibility from a single source!
SÄKAPHEN®’s service requires the following steps:
- Cleaning and removal of fouling by mechanical cleaning and high pressure washing
- In case of strong fouling, chemical cleaning by local company
- Surface preparation by grit blasting with light grit
- Complete re-coating with usually two layers of SÄKATONIT® Extra AR-F
- Visual QC
- Mounting of the coolers
SÄKAPHEN® can provide skilled supervision staff where you drydock.
Benefits of original SÄKAPHEN® on site coating technology:
- Proven track record: in the last month, almost 60 coolers have been treated in Europe and across the Atlantic with pending projects
- Saving time and money: No international logistics to send the coolers to Europe for re-coating
- Protection againt galvanic corrosion between ship hull and box cooler
- No use of biocidal fillers moving towards Green shipping
- Speedy process times depending on facility and coating crew: 22 coolers in 12 days
SÄKAPHEN® SÄKATONIT®Extra AR-F is a superior hydrophobic mechanically durable two-component epoxy-based coating. The coating is solvent free* and cures at ambient temperature. No oven is required. The coating is chemically resistant to all types of water.
SÄKAPHEN®‘s service is applicable for various coolers in gas tankers, cruise ships, trawlers, breakers, offshore supply vessels and off shore structures themselves.